Brest, a city on the move
- 8 towns
- 209,480 inhabitants (of which 145,200 in Brest)
- Brittany's second largest university city 23,000 students in 3rd level education
- Research city: 60% of French research linked to the sea has Brest as a base.
- 45% of New Information and Communication Technology centres are based in Brittany: Brest, Lannion and Rennes.
- France's 2nd naval base
- One of the most attractive natural harbours in Europe: 15,000 hectares.
- Europe's 2nd largest National Botanical Conservatory
- City looking out on the sea with a privileged setting
Easy to get to
- An international airport (817,000 passengers) located 20 minutes from the city centre. One hour from Paris: 9 regular daily lines and other connections: Bordeaux/London/Lyon/Marseille/Nice
- SNCF railway station in the city centre: 15 daily connections to Paris on Atlantic TGV (high speed train).
- 2 toll-free motorways to Rennes (2 hours) and Nantes (3 hours).
Our strong points:
- A National Theatre, conference centre and exhibition centre.
- 47 hotels from 1 to 3 * numbering 1,741 rooms; 4 hotel residences, three camp sites, a youth hostel, 300 restaurants.